Wee Hur Holdings Ltd (Group) is a listed company on the Singapore Exchange, with businesses in property development, construction, worker’s dormitory, fund management and purpose-built student accommodation (PBSA). We are seeking a driven, motivated, and passionate business/strategy analyst and product research intern as we embark upon our exciting new phase of growth and expansion in the PBSA sector in several major cities in Australia.
You will be employed under Y Suites by Wee Hur Hospitality Pte Ltd (Company), a wholly owned subsidiary of the Group, which is the entity that is responsible for the success of our PBSA management brand. You will report directly to the General Manager. You will be based in Singapore, and will be required to work closely with all departments within the Group.
This role is a dynamic and exciting role where you can get maximum exposure and the exciting opportunity of learning how to start a new business line! You will work closely with the founder to explore several synergistic business opportunities, and build a science-based, structured business plans revolving around target market sizing, financial projections, competitors and customer research, marketing plan, as well as product research. Once we have established the right go-to-market strategy and plan, you will work with the founder on executing the business plan. We may host focus-group discussions with prospective users to identify our ideal customer profile, understand their pain/needs, and structure our marketing plan around this.
You will co-create strategic plans with the founder on how to focus and prioritize initial stage efforts, how to segment your target audience, how to differentiate your product, how to develop your pricing strategy, how to develop a scalable and replicable operating system, how to achieve market and sales reach with optimised spends, and how to build brand awareness.
Finally, you may be involved with fundraising efforts where we will pitch to investors and set up the right platforms to manage the investor relations and fundraising process, such as documents, data rooms (for investor due diligence) and investors outreach CRM.
– Conduct due diligence and market research to understand competitors and customers
– Craft a formal business plan highlighting target market sizing, financial projections, competitors and customer research, marketing plan, as well as product research
– Perform research and excel modelling to understand addressable market size and perform financial projections on P and L
– Co-develop strategy with the founder and implement strategy on the ground and iterate based on feedback
– Building a new business line from idea to product-market fit through customer interviews, competitor research, market research
– Post product market fit, build the start-ups operations through replicable and scalable operating systems, and establish its brand and online presence.
– Learn to create a simple templated website (wordpress; wix; shopify) and work with designers to come up powerful, marketable design combined with strong copywriting
– Speak with students and potential end customers to understand problems/pain points, requirements and use case, and work with product team to translate these feedbacks into product features/requirements and design
– Seek validation from customers with prototype product
– Reach out to customers on as many channels as possible to build brand awareness as well as get feedback on existing needs that are not being met.
– Organising focus groups and webinars to further engage students and end customers on their pain points and showcase our proxy product to get further alignment on market fit
– Prepare and submit applications for grant, government support, boot camps, accelerators, and associations memberships, and perform research and due diligence on support, network communities/events, grants and other enabler-programs for start-ups
– Work with founder on investor outreach, fundraising, database/pipeline management
– Assist in any other ad-hoc administrative and research tasks required
– Assist in the website setup, trademark registration, ACRA setup, liaison with accounting/corp sec, accounting software and processes, payroll and recruitment processes, and website domain
– Liaise with external designer on brand design and create a company starter deck for investors, customers, partners