Wee Hur Holdings Ltd (Group) is a listed company on the Singapore Exchange, with businesses in property development, construction, worker’s dormitory, fund management, and purpose-built student accommodation (PBSA). We are seeking a driven, motivated, and passionate Marketing and Events Coordinator as we embark upon our exciting new phase of growth and expansion in the PBSA sector in several major cities in Australia.
You will be employed under Wee Hur Hospitality Pte Ltd (Company), a wholly-owned subsidiary of the Group, which is the entity that is responsible for the success of our PBSA brand Y Suites (www.ysuites.co). You will report directly to the General Manager. You will be based in Adelaide, Melbourne, or Sydney. You will be required to work closely with all departments within the Group, our PBSA operator(s) in Australia, our BD team in North Asia, Southeast Asia, and Australia, our reservations team, our revenue management team, and other key stakeholders. Travelling is required and you will also be required to spend extended periods (up to a few months) living in our Adelaide property if you are not based in the city.
We are seeking a dynamic and detail-oriented individual to join our student accommodation business as a Marketing and Events Coordinator. In this role, you will be responsible for organizing and managing marketing events and sponsored events (onsite and offsite) to promote our PBSAs. You will collaborate closely with the marketing team and external partners to ensure the successful planning, execution, and evaluation of these events. You will also be managing special on-site projects such as the re-branding of our asset in Adelaide. You will coordinate with all stakeholders involved and ensure that the implementation and transition to a new brand is seamless and smooth. Last but not least, you will assist in developing key insights about our student residents/customer profiles through interviews and assist our marketing team in various on-site marketing activities.
This role is designed for emerging professionals with 2-4 years of experience. The ideal candidate will possess some track record in marketing events coordination, excellent interpersonal and communication abilities, a self-driven personality, a focused commitment to excellence, and deep motivation to learn and grow.
1. Craft strategy across BD, marketing, and event activation with goals of driving leads, bookings, and awareness.
2. Facilitate the implementation of the re-branding exercise which includes but is not limited to assisting in training, handovers, inductions, document and communication alignment, as well as new brand set-up.
3. Develop event concepts, themes, and objectives in alignment with the company’s marketing strategies.
4. Plan and coordinate with the property team and external stakeholders all aspects of marketing events, including venue selection, catering, audiovisual setup, and event logistics.
5. Manage event budgets, and negotiate contracts with stakeholders.
6. Coordinate event timelines, schedules, and deadlines to ensure smooth execution.
7. Oversee event setup, registration, attendee management, and feedback collation.
Identify potential sponsors and partners for events and establish mutually beneficial relationships.
8. Work to build relationships with important partners such as student associations and the university administration/housing team, and regularly drive student activation events on campus or our property.
9. Collaborate with the marketing team to develop event-specific marketing and promotional strategies.
10. Collaborate with the marketing team to utilize various marketing channels to promote events, such as social media platforms, website updates, and community engagement initiatives.
11. Monitor and analyze event marketing performance metrics, including number of leads, event engagement and turnout, and conversion rates (into booking).
12. Provide regular reports and recommendations to enhance future event promotion strategies.
13. Hold both focused/planned interviews and focused group studies, as well as organic conversations, with our student residents to develop a clear understanding of our Ideal Customer Profile, including their attributes, what they look for in choosing a place to stay, where they hear about Y Suites, what social media channels are they active in, and their customer journey.
14. Develop a clear USP/ICP foundational document based on conversations and interviews with student residents.
15. Assist in various activities such as on-site photoshoots or video shoots by our marketing team and external agency.
16. Develop content and content strategy required for our social and marketing ads, especially user-generated content (UGC) by students such as testimonials, sharing, room tours, or “A Day in the Life of.”
17. Assist in important lease renewal periods and help drive lease renewal rates during Oct/Nov and May/June.
Bachelor’s degree in Marketing, Communications, Business, or a related field.
Proven experience in event planning and execution, preferably in a marketing context.
Strong organizational skills with meticulous attention to detail.
Excellent project management abilities, including the ability to multitask and meet tight deadlines.
Exceptional communication and interpersonal skills, with the ability to collaborate effectively with cross-functional teams and external partners.
Creative mindset and ability to think outside the box to create unique event experiences and originate creative ideas.
Strong research, writing, and presentation skills
Responsiveness in chat channels including WhatsApp, WeChat, and Slack/Teams.
Some flexibility in working after hours or on Saturdays is required for events, and OIL or time off will be awarded appropriately.
Strong management reporting and visibility in a regular, timely, and robust manner, and takes the initiative to ideate, drive things, and report to management without the need for management to keep checking in for visibility
Proficiency in basic software and tools to help in event management (reporting, sign-ups, feedback)
Ability to analyze data and derive meaningful insights.
Flexibility to work evenings and travel as required for events
Dependable and proactive in follow-up
Travel report and visibility, compliance with company administrative policies
Robust execution and implementation abilities
Highly independent and able to work under stressful situations
As a Marketing and Events Coordinator, you will play a crucial role in driving brand awareness, resident engagement, and occupancy rates through well-executed marketing events and sponsorships. Your dedication and creativity will contribute to the overall success of our student housing business.
Key Performance Indicators:
Internal and external customer satisfaction score.
The number of leads and bookings from events.
High-quality content is generated from events and student-generated content systematically.
Renewal rates on property.
Strategic insights and recommendations are regularly derived from student interviews, events, and interactions.
Number of events and events attendees, criticality of events and attendees to our business/ICP.
Brand awareness (measured through proxies such as friend referral, social media followers, website direct visits, events sign-ups, and attendance, etc, number of events, the precision of attendees to our ICP).
Timely and prompt follow-up to all internal and external deliverables and deadlines.
Timely, regular, and comprehensive reporting on all events, marketing, and BD efforts.
Prompt and timely follow-up on all channels such as Teams, emails, WhatsApp, etc.